Working with Children--Teaching Children

teaching with a psychology degree Can I start a career Teaching Children with a Psychology degree?

With your undergraduate degree in Psychology, there are a number of career paths you can take where you will be Teaching Children. irst, you can teach grades K-12. However, you can only be a K-12 teacher if you take the necessary courses (including student teaching) required to be certified in the state where you will ultimately reside. For a typical Psychology major, this will likely lengthen your undergraduate career to some degree Second, there are other types of teaching that you might like to do, which may or may not require certification. This includes teaching classes at various locations (e.g., at a community center): GED, life skills, parenting, etc. These teaching opportunities may be in the US or abroad (e.g., teaching English in a foreign country). Third, there are opportunities to teach through government agencies such as Americorps or the Peace Corps, but they pay less. Finally, you can also tutor individuals one on one or as part of a learning center. You may end up tutoring Psychology, but it is more likely that students need help with math, science of foreign language.

Here is just one site of many that can give you more insight to being a teacher in a school:

Salary Information

The US Bureau of Labor Statistic lists the median yearly income for a Teacher at $58,000.

Click here to see career salary information for ALL careers listed in

Click here to read important steps to a career in Working with Children.

Other links on

Click here to return to homepage of

Click here to return to the Careers by Category page.

Click here to return to the Working with Children page.

Click on the links below to read about other Child care and Research careers that only require a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology degree:

Working with Children--Child care

Working with Children--Child Protection

Click on the links below to read about other Child care and Research careers that require a graduate degree:

Working with Children--Master in Social Work

Working with Children--Careers that Require a Doctoral Degree in Psychology

Working with Children--Psychiatrist

Working with Children--Careers that Require a Master's Degree in Psychology

Last modified onSaturday, 15 December 2018 19:20

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.