Higher Education Careers with a PhD in Psychology--Teaching only

male college teacher lecturing with blackboard at his backAfter you Psychology degree and Doctoral Degree, you can get a job in Higher Education in Teaching only

Once you earn your Psychology degree and then move on to receive a Doctoral degree, you may decide that teaching alone is best for you. You can get a job in higher education teaching acher only, these jobs typically involve only teaching undergraduates. Therefore, you would be hired at a Community College, Liberal Arts College (where relatively less research is conducted and where only Bachelor degrees are offered), or at a larger Research institution where you are hired in a "Teaching-only" track (e.g., "Special Titles" faculty or "Instructor"). Keep in mind that your job description will typically include other teaching-related activities such as advising and/or committee work (e.g., Curriculum Committee).

To learn about the steps to becoming a teacher in higher education click here.

Click here to return to homepage of scoutiescareersinpsychology.org

Click here to return to the Careers by Category page.

Click here to return to the Higher Education Careers page.

Click on the links below to read about other Higher Education careers that require a graduate degree:

Higher Education Careers--Master's in Psychology

HigherEducation--PhD in Psychology

Click on the links below to read about types of Higher Education careers:

Higher Education Careers--Research and Teaching

Higher Education Careers--Researcher only